A corrupted Officescan database (HTTPDB) may occur due to the following:
- The Officescan server ran out of disk space
- An abnormal restart or shut down of the machine occurred
- A DBServer.exe crash occurred
- A third-party backup software is locking the database during the backup process which prevents OfficeScan to modify the database
To minimize the possibility of OSCE database corruption:
- Make sure “Exclude directories where Trend Micro products are installed” is enabled. This option can be found under the Scan Exclusion tab of the Manual Scan/Real-time Scan/Schedule Scan/Scan Now settings.
- Exclude the OfficeScan database from being backed up by any backup software. To back up the OfficeScan database, you can use the OfficeScan DBBackup.exe tool.
- When you need to restart the OfficeScan server computer, stop the OfficeScan Master Service before restarting.
- Ensure that the server's hard drive where the HTTPDB is located has enough disk space.