When performing an OfficeScan client web installation, a blank page appears after clicking Install Now.
The problem occurs when the web install is unable to write installation files into the C:\WINNT\Temp or C:\Windows\Temp folder of the machine. To resolve this:
- Go to the machine where the user installed the OfficeScan server.
- Back up the current Windows temporary folder.
- Delete the current Windows temporary folder.
- For Windows NT\2000: C:\WINNT\TEMP
- For Windows 2003: C:\Windows\temp
- Create a new temporary folder on the Windows directory.
The Temp folder is case sensitive. Make sure that the letter "T" is in upper case and the rest of the letters are in lower case.
- For Windows NT\2000: C:\WINNT\Temp
- For Windows 2003: C:\Windows\Temp
- Verify the properties of the Temp folder.
- Right-click the folder and then click Sharing > Security.
- Verify that the Group "Users" or "Authenticated users" have the following special permissions:
- Traverse Folder/Execute Folder
- Create Files/Write Data
- Create Folders/Append Data