This solution provides the license update, upgrade, and expiration information of IWSS.
With the Full License version, IWSS will be able to update the pattern file, scan engine, URL filtering database, and PhishTrap pattern. With the Trial License version, IWSS will not be able to update any components and perform scanning or cleaning.
- Extends the validity of the license or changes the expiration date of the product.
- IWSS uses the Online License Update (OLU) protocol to contact Online Registration (OLR) and download a new license profile. Several cron jobs (UNIX) or scheduled tasks (Windows) and scheduled PR updates download the license profile with the product update actions. Administrators can also initiate manual license update from the IWSS console.
- The Activation Code (AC) remains unchanged.
- License Upgrade refers to the replacement of the trial version to a full license version.
- Upgrading the IWSS license requires the users to request a new Activation Code (AC) and to reactivate the product.
When IWSS license expires, depending on the license type, certain features will automatically be unavailable to the users.