This is article provides a guide on how to submit files to Trend Micro for analysis using the online Threat Query Assessment.
If you encounter a virus or malware or if you suspect that there is a threat affecting one of your machines or your entire network, you can minimize the waiting time and fast-track the resolution of your case using Trend Micro's Threat Query Assessment.
To submit suspicious or undetected virus for file analysis do the following:
- Access the Submit a Support Case website. https://success.trendmicro.com/smb-new-request#
- Under Issue Information, choose the following options:
- Issue Type: Threat Issue
- Issue Category: Threat Sample Analysis
- On the Description section, provide a brief description of the file you are sending.
- Click Browse & Upload to locate and upload the sample file you want to submit.
Things to keep in mind before uploading files to avoid delay in processing the files:
- Use single layer of compression
- Only ZIP or RAR extensions are accepted
- Encrypt the sample file with the password “virus”
- Files should only be up to 50 MB in size
- Wait for the upload to complete, and then click Next.
- Provide all the required product and system information (*) and click Next.
- Fill out the all the required customer information (*) and click Submit Request.
- A confirmation will appear stating that you will receive an email with your service request number.
- Once case ticket has been created, you will receive an email from a Technical Support to process your submission.