When SMEX performs an update, it writes information to the tmudump.txt file in the ..\SMEX directory. This file is useful for troubleshooting error that occurred during the update process.
By default, tmudump.txt shows basic helpful information. Enabling verbose logging will write more useful information.
To enable verbose logging:
- Backup and delete the existing ..\SMEX\AU_Log\tmudump.txt file.
- Open the ..\SMEX\aucfg.ini file using a text editor like Notepad.
- Under the [debug] section, change the value of level to 1.
level=1The higher the value, the less information is written to the log.
- Level 1 shows a detailed debug information message.
- Level 6 shows brief details.
- Level 9 shows fatal errors only.
- Level >9 does not create debug logs.
- Save and close the file.
- Perform another update and check the created tmudump.txt file.