- One of the Trend Micro Email Reputation Services (ERS) databases includes the IP of the mail server sending the email and attachment.
Users cannot resend emails and attachments because HES/HES - Inbound Filtering does not receive or store the actual email after determining the first recipient and then blocking the SMTP connection.
- The message triggered an HES/HES - Inbound Filtering rule with a "Delete entire message" action.
Resending is not possible because HES/HES - Inbound Filtering does not store emails that it permanently removes.
- The message triggered an HES/HES - Inbound Filtering rule with a "Change recipient" action.
With this condition, HES/HES - Inbound Filtering sends the email to a new recipient (pre-configured/commonly the administrator) and prevents directly resending to the original recipient.To resend the email, the user needs to manually retrieve the email from the new recipient and then resend to the original recipient.
- The message triggered an HES / HES - Inbound Filtering rule with a "Delete attachment" action.
Users cannot resend because HES/HES - Inbound Filtering does not store attachments that it permanently deletes.
- The message triggered an HES/HES - Inbound Filtering virus rule with a "Clean cleanable viruses, delete those that cannot be cleaned" action.
With this condition, HES/HES - Inbound Filtering permanently deletes attachments if it is unable to clean the infected file.HES/HES - Inbound Filtering cannot delete infected attachments if the entire file contains pure virus code or the virus overwrites part of the original file.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Resending emails and attachments blocked by Hosted Email Security (HES)
Thank you for your feedback!