To activate the Enable attachment filtering within compressed files option:
- Open the ScanMail Configuration Database named smconf.nsf.
- Go to Configuration > Policies.
- Open a policy or the default policy.
- Under Mail Scan, mark the Enable mail scan rule check box.
Note: To stop processing email when this rule is triggered, select also the Stop processing succeeding rules if the mail matches this rule (enable Exit Flag) check box.
- Select Default Mail Scan or New Rule.
- Go to Scan Options > Attachment Filter.
- Tick the Enable attachment filter check box.
- Under the Filter Attachment by File Type section, mark the Enable attachment filtering by file type check box.
- Select Specified.
- Specify the file type using any of the following options:
- True file type(s) - This option enables you to select the file type from the dropdown list.
- Extension name(s) - This option allows you to enter the file extensions.
- Tick the Enable attachment filtering within compressed files check box.
Click image to enlarge.
- Save the changes.
If the attachment within a compressed file cannot still be blocked, send the following to Trend Micro Technical Support:
- SMID build and version
- Domino build and version
- OS build and version
- ScanMail Configuration Database
- Sample of the compressed file that cannot be blocked
- Description of the email flow. This includes where the email is being sent from/to. For example, Gmail or Yahoo mail to Domino mail server.