The MSA does not appear on the Security Dashboard or appears offline even if its already installed in WFBS Advanced.
To resolve this, assign the correct permissions to the administrator.
- On the Security Server, find the dbPMC_ClientInfo.dbf database.
- Right-click the file, then click Properties > Security tab.
- Assign Full Control permissions to the administrator. Test the communication between the Security Server and the Messaging Security Agent.
- If you have a firewall between the Security Server and the Messaging Security Agent, add ports 16372 and 16373 to the firewall exception list in the Control Panel. This will allow inbound and outbound traffic for these Messaging Security Agent ports.
- If the Security Server and the Messaging Security Agent are installed on different computers, test the network connectivity. Ping the hostname and FQDN of the Security Server from the Messaging Security Agent, and vice-versa.
- Start the following services through the Windows Services console if they are not running:
- Trend Micro Messaging Security Master Service
- Trend Micro Messaging Security Agent Remote Configuration Server
- Trend Micro Messaging Security Agent System Watcher
- Find the ..\Messaging Security Agent folder and repeat Steps 2 to 4.
- On the Messaging Security Agent host machine, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Trend Micro\ScanMail for Exchange\CSMServer and make sure that the values of these registry entries are as follows:
- IPList = <IP Address of the Security Server>
- Hostname = <Hostname or FQDN of the Security Server>
- IsRegistered = 1
If the values are different, modify them accordingly and restart the Trend Micro Messaging Security Master Service.
If the issue persists, set the appropriate access permissions to the ..\PCCSRV and Messaging Security Agent folders:
- Find the ..\PCCSRV folder.
- Right-click the folder then click Properties > Security.
- Add IUSR_<servername> and then assign the following permissions:
- Read and Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Choose the Allow inheritable permission from parent to propagate to this object option, then click OK.
- Find the ..\Messaging Security Agent folder and repeat Steps 9 to 11.
- Change the website authentication process of Internet Information Services (IIS): When using a different username and password, make sure that the corresponding credentials have the same access permissions as that of IUSR_<servername>.
- Open the IIS Manager and double-click the <servername> tree icon.
- Double-click Web Sites and right-click SMEX Web Site.
- Click Properties > Directory Security > Authentication and access control.
- Change IUSR_<servername> to Administrator.
- Save the changes.