In addition to virus scanning, the HTTP service uses the URL Filtering module in determining whether or not to block access to URLs requested by browsers. This module enables administrators to automate enforcing company policies on Internet browsing.
If you have already activated this module, this solution shows you how to check the configurations that you have done.
To verify if URL Filtering is activated:
- On the web management console, click Administration > Product License.
- In the Product License page, check if the URL Filtering status is "Active" and the date in the Maintenance Expiration is still valid.
Otherwise, contact Trend Micro Sales to purchase a License/Activation Code.
To verify if URL Filtering is enabled:
- On the web management console, go to HTTP > URL Filtering > Policies.
- Ensure that the Enable URL Filtering check box is selected.
To verify which URL Filtering policies are enabled during Work time or Leisure time:
- From the management console, go to HTTP > URL Filtering > Policies.
- In the URL Filtering Policies page, open the active policy.
- Verify the category that is enabled during Work or Leisure time.