- Do an NSLOOKUP on the domain.
- From the desktop, click Start > Run.
- Type "cmd", then click OK.
- On the command prompt, type "nslookup", then press Enter.
- Type "Set query=mx", then press Enter.
- Type your domain name then press Enter.
- Check and make sure that it is pointing to the HES/HES - Inbound Filtering inbound MTAs.
For more information, refer to the article: Generating Mail Exchange (MX) records to use in Hosted Email Security (HES)
- Make sure that the ACL of the domain is accepting emails from the following IP ranges for HES/HES - Inbound Filtering:
Note: If you need assistance, please contact your network administrator.
- Check if the mail headers contain the following items added by HES / HES - Inbound Filtering:
X-TM-AS-Product-Ver: (either HES or HES - Inbound Filtering)
X-TM-AS-Result-Detail:If these headers are not visible, it means that the email did not pass through the HES / HES - Inbound Filtering servers and that the delay is not caused by HES / HES - Inbound Filtering. There is no need to perform the steps below.If these headers are present, please proceed to the next step.
- Check how long it took HES / HES - Inbound Filtering to process the email.
- Log on to the HES/HES - Inbound Filtering console.
- Go to Logs > Mail Tracking.
- Select the date range. Please note that only mails from the last seven (7) days can be tracked, and data from the last two (2) hours may not be displayed yet.
- Specify the sender of the delayed mail.
- Go to the Accepted Traffic tab and click on the timestamp of the email.
- Check the "Receiving" and "Delivery" timestamps to see how long HES held the email.
- If HES/HES - Inbound Filtering shows a delay, save the email in MSG or EML format and contact Trend Micro Technical Support.
If there was no delay in HES/HES - Inbound Filtering, check the mail header for other servers which accepted the email after passing through HES/HES - Inbound Filtering. Check which hop took long and caused the delay.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Troubleshooting email delays after redirecting mail traffic to Hosted Email Security (HES)
Thank you for your feedback!