This article describes how to submit a spam sample to Trend Micro. This covers submissions of false positives (legitimate mail detected as spam) and false negatives (undetected spam).
Follow these guidelines when submitting spam samples:
- The spam sample should be in ".msg" or ".eml" format.
- The spam sample should be the original mail, not forwarded mails. Forwarded mails do not contain the original email contents and may contain customer-related information that could lead to false positives.
To obtain the original spam mail:
- Create a new folder.
- Drag all undetected spam samples to the new folder.
- Zip the undetected spam samples and password-protect the file with "novirus", without the quotes.
- Log in to the Support Portal.
- Fill in the required information then click Browse to select and the sample zip file to be uploaded.
- Follow the prompts to finish the submission.