This article describes how to submit a spam sample to Trend Micro. This covers submissions of false positives (legitimate mail detected as spam) and false negatives (undetected spam).
Follow these guidelines when submitting spam samples:
- The spam sample should be in ".msg" or ".eml" format.
- The spam sample should be the original mail, not forwarded mails. Forwarded mails do not contain the original email contents and may contain customer-related information that could lead to false positives.
To obtain the original spam mail:
- Create a new folder.
- Drag all undetected spam samples to the new folder.
- Zip the undetected spam samples and password-protect the file with "novirus", without the quotes.
- Create a new email and attach the zip file.
- Send the message to:
For All Trend Micro AntiSpam products except IMSS 5.7 with the Global spam scanning mode set to default (TMASE Engine):
- Spam@support.trendmicro.com – Undetected spam sample submission mailbox
- False@support.trendmicro.com – Legitimate mail tagged as spam submission mailbox
For IMSS 5.7 customers with the Global Spam Scanning mode set to default (PASE Engine):
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Undetected spam sample submission mailbox
- email@example.com – Legitimate mail tagged as spam submission mailbox