Learn how to migrate the OfficeScan clients with IDF plug-in to a new IDF server. Upon migration, clients will not retain any configuration information from the old server unless the new IDF server plug-in has been restored with the backed-up files from the original IDF server.
To migrate the IDF client/s:
- Open the IDF dashboard through the Plug-in Manager of the OfficeScan web console.
- On the Computers screen, right-click the target machine and click Actions > Deactivate Client Plug-in(s).
- Move the client to the new OfficeScan server by using the Move Client function of the OfficeScan server. The machine will be listed in the Networked Computers section of the new OfficeScan server.
Machines listed in the OfficeScan server are automatically listed in the Computers screen of the IDF server plug-in.
- On the Computers section of the IDF dashboard, right-click the target computer and click Actions > Activate/Reactivate Client Plug-in(s).
This activates the client plug-in to the new IDF server. The communication between the IDF clients and the old IDF server will be cut. The IDF client will now report to the new IDF server.
You can also manually activate the IDF clients in two ways:
- Download and extract the IDF Activation.zip.
- Edit the IDF_Activation.bat using Notepad.
- Replace the "<IP of new IDF server>" with the correct IP address. Below is an example:
set IDFServer=<IP of new IDF server>:4120
- Save the changes and close the Notepad editor.
- Run the IDF_Activation.bat.
Open Command Prompt and enter the following command:
dsa_control.exe /a "dsm://<IP of New IDF server>:4120/" IdfGUID:<IDF GUID>
(e.g.) dsa_control.exe /a "dsm://10.0.100.100:4120/" IdfGUID:7cb5c39e-eb5a-43d4-8884-4134b4669378