Trend Micro Technical Support may ask you to provide debug logs in order to analyze scan engine issues you encountered with ServerProtect. This solution shows how you can obtain these logs via the Windows registry.
Do the following:
- Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TmXPFlt\Parameters.
- Change the value of the "DebugLogFlags" key to "3EFF" if it exists. If it does not, create the REG_DWORD named “DebugLogFlags” with the value “3EFF”.
- Replicate the procedure that caused the scan engine issue you encountered.
- Find the TmFilter.log file in the %SystemRoot% folder and send it to Trend Micro Technical Support.
- Disable debug logging by changing the value of the "DebugLogFlags" key to "0".