Remote Install is one of the ways that you can install the CSA or SA of WFBS. This can be performed on client computers, except on computers where the Security Server is already installed.
To use Remote Install, you need administrator rights on the target computers. For Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Small Business Server 2008, and Essential Business Server 2008, you will need to use a built-in domain administrator password because of Windows User Account Control (UAC). Turn off the UAC in order to use a non-built-in administrator account.
To install the CSA or SA via Remote Install:
- Log in to the WFBS console.
Click Devices > Add Devices. The Add Devices page appears.
Under the Computer Type section, choose Desktop or server.
- Under the Method section, choose Remote install.
- Click Next. The Remote Install page appears.
- From the Groups and Computers list, select the computer on which you will install the CSA/SA and click Add. A prompt for a username and password appears.
You need an account with administrator rights for the installation.
- Type the username and password of an account with administrator rights and click Log on. For the domain computers, use the Domain_Name\Username format. For workgroup computers, use the Target_Computer_Name\Local_Administrator_User_Name format.
The computer is added to the Selected Computers list.
- Repeat Steps 6-7 if you want to add more computers to the list.
- Click Install, and then click Yes when the confirmation window appears.
A progress screen will show the installation status, and the computer names will have a green check mark when the installation is complete.
You can also refer to this SA Deployment video guide.
In case on a scenario that the certain devices like Windows 2019 and Windows 10 1703 are not showing up on the Computers list, you may refer to the following steps:
Old operating systems uses Computer Browser service to display Windows computers through the legacy NetBIOS datagram browsing method. This service relies to SMBv1 which is already deprecated on newer version of Windows operating system like Windows 2016, 2019, 10 1703 and later. The steps below will help resolve this issue.
- Enable the Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication services.
- Enable Network Discovery.
If you need technical assistance, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.