You are unable to log in to the TMCM web console but you do not receive any error message. When opening the console, the following error message appears:
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
You cannot access db_controlmanager using simple ODBC test on your SQL 2005 and the error below shows:
SQL Server Error: 11004
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
SQL Server Error: 6
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]Specified SQL server not found.
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Go to your SQL server hosting the TMCM database.
- Go to Start > Program > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Surface Area Configuration.
- Look for Configuration Surface Area for local host.
- Click the SQL Server Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connection hyperlink.
- Expand the instance name on the left panel and you will see the Database Engine section.
- Expand the Database Engine and click Remote Connections.
- Select the following:
- Local and remote connections
- Using both TCP/IP and named pipes
- Click Apply > OK to save the settings.
- Restart the following services:
- SQL Server (Instance Name)
- Trend Micro Common CGI
- Trend Micro Management Infrastructure
- Trend Micro Control Manager
- World Wide Web Publishing Service
- Clear browser cache and try accessing the TMCM console again.