You can migrate clients with online status to a different server using the Move tool feature that can be found in the WFBS console.
To use the Move tool:
- On the old Security Server, open the WFBS Standard/Advanced console and then click Devices. The Devices page appears.
- Select the online client that you want to move.
- Click More > Move Security Agent. The Move Desktops/Server page appears.
- On the Server Name field, type the name of the new Security Server where you want to move the clients. It could be a server name or IP address.
- On the Port field, type the port number of the new Security Server. By default, the port is 8059. To verify, go to the ..\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV directory and open the ofcscan.ini file. Look for the value of Master_Domainport.
- Click Move. The client will reappear in the Devices list of the new server.
To move clients between groups on the same Security Server, drag and drop desktops and servers from one group to another. WFBS automatically applies the target group's settings to the new member.
Trend Micro recommends moving or migrating Security Agents (SAs) to a Security Server that uses the same version or higher. Below are some examples:
- WFBS 10.0 SA > new WFBS 10.0 Security Server [OK]
- WFBS 10.0 SP1 SA > WFBS 10.0 SP1 Security Server [OK]
- WFBS 9.5 SA > new WFBS 9.5 Security Server [OK]