Follow this article if you want to do the any of the following:
- Move Client/Server Security Agents to a different Security Server
- Migrate to a new server
- Change the IP of the Security Server
To move WFBS clients to a different server:
Refer to the article Using the Move tool to migrate WFBS clients to a new server.
Use this procedure if the new Security Server is already installed and running before uninstalling the old one.
Use this procedure in a script to migrate several machines to the new server.
In this procedure, you don't have to copy ipxfer.exe in each machine before running the command.
- Open the ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file on the Security Server using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Note the values of the following entries:
- On a separate Notepad file, copy the command format below and indicate the corrrect IP or computer name of the Security Server:
\\<IP or Computer Name of the Security Server>\ofcscan\Admin\Utility\IpXfer\ipxfer.exe -s master_domainname -m 1 -p Master_domainport -c Client_LocalServer_Port
\\192.168.0.10\ofcscan\Admin\Utility\IpXfer\ipxfer.exe -s 192.168.0.10 -m 1 -p 8059 -c 18277
- Migrate the clients by doing one of the following:
- On the workstation:
- Click Start > Run.
- Paste the correct command from Step 3 on the Open field.
- Click OK.
- On the server, add the correct command from Step 3 to a login script.
The Client/Server Security Agent icon on the system tray will disappear and then reappear.
- On the workstation:
- Return to the WFBS console and verify if the client has been migrated.
This is not applicable for WFBS 7.
- On the new Security Server, go to the ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV folder.
- Open the ofcscan.ini file using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Note the values of the following:
- On the client machine, open the Services console (services.msc) and stop the following services:
- Trend Micro Common Client Solution Framework (Only applicable to WFBS 9.0 agent)
- Trend Micro Security Agent Listener
- Trend Micro Security Agent NT Proxy Service
- Trend Micro Security Agent RealTime Scan
- Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
Alternatively, you can also unload the Security Agent.
- Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- For 32-bit machines, go to HKLM\Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion.
For 64-bit machines, go to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion.
- Click CurrentVersion and then modify the following:
- DatabasePath: Type the name of the new server.
- Server: Type the IP address or FQDN of the new server.
- LocalServerPort: Type the Client_LocalServer_Port value.
- ServerPort: Type the Master_DomainPort value.
- Start the services that you stopped in Step 4 and reload the Security Agent.
To reload the Security Agent, click Start > Programs > Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Agent > Worry-Free Business Security Agent.
If you need technical assistance, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.