After moving to a new Officescan server, clients/agents are unable to get updates from Update Agents.
When an OfficeScan client/agent is moved to a new OfficeScan server, it loses its Update Agent privileges.
To ensure that the OfficeScan clients will get updates from the migrated Update Agents, you must re-assign the "Act as Update Agent" privilege to them in the new OfficeScan server.
Do the following:
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console.
- In OfficeScan 10.x, go to Networked Computers > Client Management and then select the Update Agent from the client/agent list.
If you are using OfficeScan 11.0/XG, go to Agents > Agent Management, and then select the Update Agent from the agent list.
- In OfficeScan 10.x, move the selected client by clicking Manage Client Tree > Move Client.
In OfficeScan 11.0/XG, click Manage Agent Tree > Move Agent.
- Select Move selected client(s) to another OfficeScan server or Move selected agent(s) to another OfficeScan server (for OfficeScan 11.0/XG) and then provide the IP address and port number (8080 by default) of the new server.
- Click Move. The client will appear in the new OfficeScan server console. After the move, the client/agent does not have the Update Agent privileges.
To assign Update Agent privileges to a client/agent:
- On the OfficeScan Management console, select the client and then click Settings > Update Agent Settings.
- Select the clients/agents that can act as Update Agents, and then click Save.
- Add the Update Sources to the new server by going to Updates > Networked Computers > Update Source.
If you are using OfficeScan 11.0/XG, go to Updates > Agents > Update Source.
- Assign the IP ranges that should the Update Source and then save the changes.
After granting the Update Agent rights to the client/agent, you can also migrate the Other Update Source (OUS) list from the original server to allow the migrated OfficeScan clients to get updates from that particular Update Agent.