By importing AD users, you can allow users to log on to the TMCM management console using their domain account credentials, without having to enter a username and password.
You must meet the following requirements in order to import active directory users:
- The TMCM server must belong to the domain.
- The DNS of the domain to be imported can be resolved from the TMCM server.
- The TMCM server can access the LDAP service of the domain controller.
To import active directory users, do the following:
- Log on to the TMCM console using the root account.
- Click Administration > Account Management > User Accounts.
- Click Import AD Users. The Import Active Directory Users screen appears:
- Use either of the following to search for the active directory user you want to add:
- User name: Type the user name or a partial name.
- Base distinguished name: Type the base distinguished name of your domain, e.g. if your domain name is "domain.company.com", you can enter:
- Click Search. The top 10 matches for each domain appear in the User(s) list.
- Select the users you want to add as a TMCM account then click [>] to move them to the Import List.
- Click >>Next. The User Account screen appears:
- Select the account type for the imported users. You can select from the following options:
- Power Users
- Select the product directories or entities which the users will be allowed to access. Selecting a directory will also select all its entities and subdirectories.
- Select from the following access rights you want to grant the users for the selected directories:
- Edit Directory
- Click Finish.