When you log in to any of Trend Micro's product management console using Internet Explorer (IE) 7, the following message appears:
Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked. There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
To resolve the issue, do either of the following options:
- Log on to the Trend Micro management console (e.g: WFBS/OfficesScan/SPS/TMCM.etc.).
- When you see the error message stated above, click Continue to this website (not recommended). The login page appears.
- Click Certificate Error beside the address bar.
- On the Untrusted Certificate window, click View certificates.
- On the General tab, click Install Certificate to open the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Click Next.
- Select "Place all certificates in the following store", then click Browse.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities, then click OK.
- Click Next, then click Finish.
- When a message appears saying the import was successful, click OK.
- Close IE 7.
- Log in to the management console again. The error message should no longer appear.
- Generate a certificate request for a public root CA.
- Install the certificate request response from the CA.
- Apply the certificate on Windows 2008 R2 and above.
- Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager. This opens the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) for IIS.
- Expand the Microsoft IIS server to view the virtual site list.
- Select Default Web Site. If TMCM was installed on a different website, please select it from the left panel.
- On the Actions panel, click Bindings.
- Under Site Bindings, choose HTTPS and click Edit.
- On the SSL Certificate section, select the SSL certificate that was uploaded.
- Click OK > Close.
The TMCM server will now use the SSL Certificate generated from the publich CA and will no longer display the error.