Set up the Remote Registry service to start automatically during log in to Windows Vista prior to Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) client installation.
To configure the Remote Registry service:
- Go to Start > Run then type "dsa.msc".
- Look for the folder or directory where the Vista computers are located.
- Right-click the folder and then select Properties.
- Click the Group Policy tab.
- Select the name of the policy and then click Edit.
If you have installed a Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), you can do the following:
- Go to the Group Policy tab and click Open. This will open a separate window.
- On the new window, locate the name of the folder again and then expand it.
- Right-click the policy name and then select Edit.
- Under the Computer Configuration section, go to Windows Settings > Security Settings > System Services.
- On the right panel, right-click the Remote Registry service and select Properties.
- Click the Define this policy settings option and then select Automatic as the service startup mode.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Open a command prompt and then execute the following to deploy the changes:
- Log in to the Vista machine and then verify if the Remote Registry service is started.