The following error occurs on Windows 2008 server 64-bit with Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0:
HTTP 500 - Internal server error
This procedure will enable you to configure IIS to run 32-bit applications on 64-bit windows. Before you do this, note the following:
- IIS only supports 32-bit worker processes in Worker Process Isolation mode on 64-bit Windows.
- On 64-bit Windows, the World Wide Web Publishing service can run 32-bit and 64-bit worker processes. Other IIS services like the IIS Admin service, the SMTP service, the NNTP service, and the FTP service run 64-bit processes only.
- On 64-bit Windows, the World Wide Web Publishing service does not support running 32-bit and 64-bit worker processes concurrently on the same server.
To resolve the issue:
- Compare the file size of the VSAPIInfo.dll file from the following folders:
If the file size is identical, this means that the 64-bit VSAPIInfo.dll ISAPI module is installed. Otherwise, the 32-bit VSAPIInfo.dll ISAPI module is installed.
- Open the IIS Manager.
- Click Application Pools.
- If you have not yet defined an application pool, do the following:
- Click DefaultAppPool.
- Click Set Application Pool Defaults.
Otherwise, select your application pool for Smart Scan Server Virtual Directories.
- Under General section, do one of these:
- If the 32-bit VSAPI Info.dll module is installed, make sure that True is selected.
- If the 64-bit VSAPI Info.dll module is installed, make sure that False is selected.