The HES Active Directory Sync Client does not recognize your account as valid. You get the following error message:
Invalid HES account name or auhentication key. It is suggested to make sure your input is correct and try again.
To resolve the issue:
- Ensure that the Active Directory Sync Client has the correct configuration.
- The username should be your HES log-in name.
- The service authentication key is the current key seen in the Administration > Web Services & Tools key page of your HES account.
- The proxy settings are correctly configured.
Enable the Web Service Application in Administration > Web Services > Application of your HES account.
Try to sync the agent again by clicking Sync Now.
If the sync still fails, try to generate a new service authentication key on the HES console by going to Administration > Web Services and clicking Generate New Key button.
Try synching the agent again.
The issue may also occur if the version of your Sync Client is outdated. To resolve this:
- Uninstall HES Active Directory Sync Client using the Add or Remove Programs feature of Windows.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Select HES Active Directory Sync, then click Remove.
- Restart the server.
Manually remove the remaining files.By default, these are files located in:C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HES Active Directory Sync Client.
- Log on to the HES console.
- Go to Administration > Web services & Tools.
Download a copy of the Active Directory Sync Client.Do not use the one that you have. If you already downloaded one, redownload it.
- Install the new version.
- Extract the files from the zip file.
- Run the setup.exe file.