You will need to recreate the WFBS database if it is corrupt and you encounter any of the following:
- You are unable to log in or the console hangs after logging in to the Security Server console.
- The dbserver.exe process has high CPU usage.
- There are no groups under the Security Settings tab.
- Client/Server Security Agents (CSA) are not appearing on the console, or they all can connect to the Security Server without issues but are
- showing as offline even when the client services are running.
- The license information under Preferences > Product License is missing.
To recreate the database:
- Export the WFBS settings.
- From the Security Server, use the Microsoft Services console to stop the Trend Micro Security Server Master Service.
- Using Task Manager, make sure that the following processes are not running:
- Go to the %ProgramFiles%\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV directory and look for the HTTPDB folder.
- Make a backup copy of the HTTPDB folder (Example: HTTPDB_backup), and then delete all the contents of the original HTTPDB folder. Do not delete the HTTPDB folder. This will retain the original folder security and permissions.
- Return to the Services console and restart the Trend Micro Security Server Master Service. When restarting the Master Service, no client will appear. However, when the clients reboot, get update from the server or when the Trend Micro Security Agent Listener is restarted, the database will automatically be repopulated.
- Log in to the WFBS console.
- Go to the Security Settings page and refresh it after 30 seconds.
You may also use SrvDiag to recreate the HTTPDB. Refer to Step 6 of the Trend Micro KB article: Reconstructing the Security Server database and website using the Console Recovery tool in WFBS.