Manually apply the Controlled Pattern Release files to the OfficeScan Server.
To apply a CPR to your OfficeScan server:
- Download the Controlled Pattern Release (CPR).
- Rename the current vsapixxx.zip (where xxx = the pattern file number) file in the ..\PCCSRV\Download\Pattern directory.
- Clear the contents of the ..\PCCSRV\TEMP directory.
- Rename the downloaded pattern zip file (e.g. lptxxx.zip, where xxx = the pattern file number) to VSAPIxxx.zip. Ensure that only the pattern file (lpt$vpn.xxx) is included in the vsapi.zip file. Pattern files downloaded from the web may contain readme.txt files.
- Copy the new VSAPIxxx.zip file to the ..\PCCSRV\Download\Pattern directory.
- Extract a copy of the pattern file (lpt$vpn.XXX) from the the vsapi.zip file to the ..\PCCSRV directory.