The scan action “Passed a potential security risk” appears when the product detects a probable virus/malware while it is using ActiveAction.
ActiveAction is a set of pre-configured scan actions that identifies virus/malware types and provides suggested actions according to how each type invades a computer system or environment. By default, "Pass" is the action for probable virus/malware. This means that due to aggressiveness of the detection, Security Solution will perform no action on the possibly infected file but instead records the virus/malware detection in the logs. The file stays where it is located.
Configure your product to take action on probable virus/malware.
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console.
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- In the Agent Tree, select the OfficeScan Server/Domain/Computer.
- Go to Settings > Scan Settingsand select the scan type.
- Manual Scan Settings
- Real-time Scan Settings
- Scheduled Scan Settings
- Scan Now Settings
- Go to Action tab.
- Under ActiveAction, put a check on "Customize action for probable virus/malware" and select the corresponding scan action.
- Alternatively, you can select "Use a specific scan action for each virus/malware type" and configure the scan action for probable malware.
- Log on to Worry-Free Business Security management console.
- Go to Devices.
- Select the group on the left panel and click Configure Policy.
- Click Antivirus/Anti-spyware and go to Action tab.
- Under ActiveAction put a check on "Set action for probable malware", and select the corresponding scan action.
- Alternatively, you can select "Customized action for the following detected threats", and configure the scan action for probable malware.
- Log on to the WFBS-SVC console.
Go to the Configure Policy page and perform one of the following:
- Classic Mode: Go to SECURITY AGENTS and select a group. Click the Menu icon (three vertical dots) > Configure Policy.
- Advanced Mode: Go to POLICIES > Policy Management. Click Add or click an existing policy.
- In the Configure Policy page, click on the Windows icon.
Click Scan Settings.
- Under Real-time Scan, Scheduled Scan and Manual Scan, click Configure Settings.
- Go to the Action tab.
- Under Virus/Malware, select Customized actions.
Configure the scan action for Probable virus/malware and click OK.
- Log on to Deep Security management console.
- Go to Policies > Common Objects > Other > Malware Scan Configurations.
- Select the scan configuration.
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Under Remediation Actions select Custom,
- and configure the scan action for Possible Malware.