Troubleshoot the WFBS client's Client/Server Security Agent Real-time Scan service that does not start.
The Client/Server Security Agent Real-time Scan service is not starting because its driver is not installed.
To fix the issue:
- Check if the driver for Real-time Scan is running.
- Open a command prompt window.
- Run these commands:
sc query vsapint
sc query tmfilter
sc query tmprefilter
- Manually install the driver.
- Download the engcfg.zip file and extract it to a temporary folder (e.g. C:\Temp).
- Copy and paste the engcfg.exe file to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Agent.
- Run the following command:
- Restart the computer to fully install the engine drivers.
- Start the Trend Micro Client/Server Security Agent Real-time Scan service.
If the issue still occurs, contact Trend Micro Technical Support and provide the Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) log generated on the client computer. For the instructions on how to get the CDT logs, refer to the solution: Using the Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT).