When you use the client/agent uninstallation program to remove the OfficeScan client/agent from a computer, the program automatically notifies the server, and then server removes the client/agent icon from the client/agent tree. If other methods such as reformatting the hard drive or deleting the client/agent files manually are used, the server will not remove these clients/agents and it will still display the client/agent in the tree as inactive. If a user unloads or disables the client/agent for an extended period of time, the server also displays the client/agent as inactive.
To address this, OfficeScan can be configured to automatically remove inactive clients/agents.
To configure Officescan to automatically remove inactive clients/agents:
- Log on to the OfficeScan web console and do any of the following:
- For OfficeScan 10.x: Click Administration > Inactive Clients.
- For OfficeScan 11.0 and XG: Click Administration > Settings > Inactive Agents.
- Select the Enable automatic removal of inactive clients checkbox.
For OfficeScan 10.x:
For OfficeScan 11.0 and XG:
- Select the number of days before inactive clients are removed. The following are the default values:
- OSCE 10.x: 7 days
- OSCE 11.0: 30 days
- OSCE XG: 100 days
- Click Save.