Know the different items to check in order to identify the current components applied. This is useful for the following scenarios:
- Checking and confirming the current application build and the present anti-malware components setup after installation.
- Audit purposes for the system administrators when maintaining their systems. This helps them plan and schedule downtime on their end when applying the latest OfficeScan service pack, patch, or hot fix.
- Better understanding of Trend Micro Technical Support since these information will be requested during the initial support contact.
To check the OfficeScan server component side:
- Log on to the OfficeScan web console.
- Click Help > About on the upper right menu.
For OfficeScan 11.0 and XG, go to More > About.
- On the window that opens, check the product version and build:
Check the latest product build or download the latest patch from the following links:
To check the OfficeScan client side:
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type "regedit" to open the Registry Editor. Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to:
- For x86 OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\BuildNum.
- For x64 OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\BuildNum.
- Server site: OSCE server's hot fix folder ~\PCCSRV\Backup\
The image below illustrates the deployment history in the Backup folder.
These folders contain every backup from each upgrade. It can also be used as a reference to know which critical patch, hot fix, or patch has been applied.
- Agent site: <Agent installation folder>\hotfix_history.ini
The hotfix_history.ini file in the OSCE agent installation folder presents all critical patches, hot fixes, and patches applied, as well as provides a historical view of the critical patches, hot fixes, and patches applied on the OSCE agents.
On the OfficeScan web console, click Summary.
For OfficeScan 11.0 and XG web console, click Updates > Summary.
To fetch the latest scan engine and pattern files, click Update Server Now located on the left toolbar.
For OfficeScan 11.0 and XG, fetch the latest scan engine and pattern files by going to Updates > Server > Manual Update > Update.
If the status column is “No updates available”, it means that the scan engine and pattern files are the latest.
On the OfficeScan web console, go to Administration > Product License. Under License Information, click the link for each service to view the activation code.
For OfficeScan 11.0 and XG, go to Administration > Settings > Product License.
This opens the Product License Details screen, where you can verify the activation code, enter a new activation code for the service, or view the detailed license online.
To update the Product License Information, click the Update Information button.
Additionally, you may also retrieve the AC from the host machine where the OfficeScan server is installed by opening the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Private\ofcserver.ini file using a text editor. The "AC_AntiVirus"\"AC_DCS"\"AC_AntiSpyware" parameter will indicate the AC used during product installation.