Know how to manually update/rollback the Apex one scan engine when the scheduled or automatic update of the VSAPI scan engine did not roll out accordingly.
The web console provides a way to rollback one version, given that the server has an older version.
- Log on to the Apex One web console.
- Go to Updates > Rollback.
Click the image to enlarge.
- Perform one of the following:
- For OfficeScan 10.x: Roll back the component to the previous version on both the OfficeScan server and clients, click Roll Back Server and Client Versions.
- Roll back the component to the previous version on both the OfficeScan server and agents, click Roll Back Server and Agent Versions.
- Synchronize the component version of the OfficeScan clients/agents with that of the server, click Synchronize with Server.
- On the client tree, select the domains or clients whose components you want to roll back. To select all clients/agents, select the OfficeScan server root icon.
- Click Rollback. The server will send a notification to the selected clients/agents.
- Click Back to return to the Rollback screen.
This way of rollback is recommended in emergency situations where the agent machine is having functionality issues such as crashes or System Hang after an agent pattern update.
To do a manual rollback:
- On the OfficeScan client, right-click the OfficeScan icon in the Windows taskbar, then select Unload Security Agent.
- Enter the unload password.
- Find the latest pattern file in the OfficeScan home directory:
where: xxx is the pattern file number
By default, the directory is C:\Program Files (X86)\Trend Micro\Security Agent.
- Delete the latest pattern file.
- Load the security agent.