If a problem occurs after deploying a scan engine or pattern file to the OfficeScan clients/agents, you can roll them back to the previous versions using the Web console.
This article contains steps in performing the roll back.
To roll back the scan engine and pattern file:
- Log on to the OfficeScan web console
- Go to Updates > Rollback. The current and previous versions of the scan engine and virus pattern file screen appears.
For OfficeScan 10.x:Click image to enlarge.For OfficeScan 11.0/XG:Click image to enlarge.
- Perform either of the following:
- Roll back the component to the previous version on both the OfficeScan server and clients, click Roll Back Server and Client Versions for OfficeScan 10.x.
- Roll back the component to the previous version on both the OfficeScan server and agents, click Roll Back Server and Agent Versions for OfficeScan 11.0.
- Synchronize the component version of the OfficeScan clients/agents with that of the server, click Synchronize with Server.
- On the client tree, select the domains or clients whose components you want to roll back. To select all clients/agents, select the OfficeScan server root icon.
- Click Rollback. The server will send a notification to the selected clients/agents.
- Click Back to return to the Rollback screen.
- The OfficeScan server keeps up to 5 versions of the pattern file, but only one previous version of the scan engine. You cannot perform 2 successive rollbacks for the scan engine.
- If you manually applied the new scan engine or pattern file, then you will not be able to perform a rollback from the web console.