A backup copy of the server configuration and settings is useful for disaster recovery, like when the server crashes and needs to be rebuilt.
To create a backup on the Security Server box:
- Stop the following services:
- Trend Micro Security Server Master Services
- Trend Micro Client/Server Agent Listener
- Trend Micro Client/Server Agent Personal Firewall
- Trend Micro Client/Server Agent RealTime Scan
- Trend Micro Messaging Security Agent Master Service
- Trend Micro Messaging Security Agent Remote Configuration Server
- Trend Micro Messaging Security Agent System Watcher
- Open the Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Back up the \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TrendMicro registry hive.
- Close the registry, and then go to the ..\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV folder.
- Back up the following folders:
- \Private\PFW (includes the OUS setting and the firewall settings if the feature is being used)
- Back up the following files:
- ofscan.ini - This includes the Global Settings for WFBS.
- ous.ini - This includes the OUS table for deployment, Update Agents list, and other update sources for clients.
- \PCCNT\Common\OfcPfw.dat - This includes the personal firewall settings for the clients.
- \Download\PfcPfw.dat - This includes the personal firewall settings for deployment.
- Go to the ..\Trend Micro\Messaging Security Agent directory and back up the following folders:
- Data - This contains the database configuration of the product.
- Config - This stores the XML files used for generating SMEX databases.
- On the newly rebuilt server, stop the services in Step 1 and restore the registry, files, and folders.
If you reinstalled WFBS on the same server and partition (e.g. C:\ drive), copy the backup files to the appropriate location.
Otherwise, open a command prompt and change directory to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV.
- Type the command "svrsvcsetup -setprivilege" and press ENTER. This ensures that the copied files use the correct permissions.
- Start all the services.