Enabling the Smart Protection Network's (SPN) Smart Feedback allows Trend Micro to automatically analyze and provide solutions to threats before they spread.
This article contains steps in enabling SPN in Officescan.
Smart Protection Network (SPN) aims to protect you wherever you connect. It uses a feedback mechanism to help understand your pain points while solutions are still being worked on at the backend. Smart Patterns are released frequently to address the drastically increasing number of threats. It is a more effective approach compared to traditional once-a-day pattern updates.
OfficeScan includes the following feedback loop to provide timely information from your network directly to Trend Micro:
- Malware Detection
- PE (portable-executable) File Feedback
- Device Access Control/Behavior Monitoring/Threat Detection
- Firewall/Web Reputation
- Damage Cleanup Service
To enable SPN:
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console.
- Access Smart Feedback:
- For Apex One: Go to Administration > Smart Protection > Smart feedback.
- For OfficeScan 11.0/XG: Go to Administration > Smart Protection > Smart feedback.
- For OfficeScan 10.6: Go to Smart Protection > Smart Feedback.
- Enable the following check boxes:
- Enable Trend Micro Smart Feedback (recommended)
- Enable Feedback of suspicious program files
If there are bandwidth issues, you can adjust the following settings:
- Feedback Frequency
- Maximum Bandwidth
- Click Save.