Learn how to recreate the Spam Mail folder for the following scenarios:
- You unintentionally deleted the folder from the mailbox.
- During the End-User Quaratine (EUQ) installation, EUQ failed to create the folder.
- The mailbox of a new user does not have a Spam Mail folder.
- The scheduled recreation of the folder is not working.
This procedure only works for EUQ users. Verify first if you are using EUQ by checking the value of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TrendMicro\ScanMail for Exchange\CurrentVersion\EUQActivated registry key. It should have a dword value of "1". If it is set to "0", you are using Junk Mail Integration.
You may switch from Junk Mail Integration to EUQ.
To recreate the Spam Mail folder:
- Open the mailbox of the user.
- Go to the Deleted Items folder, and delete the Spam Mail folder.
- Log on to the WFBS console.
- Click Security Settings and click the Messaging Security Agent icon.
- Select Configure.
- Click Operations > Spam Maintenance.
- Tick the Enable End-User Quarantine tool check box.
- Under End-User Quarantine Settings, click Create spam folder and delete spam messages.
- Click OK when you get the Internet Explorer warning.