- Log in to the Deep Security Manager console using one of the working Admin users (example, MasterAdmin).
- Do the following:
- For Deep Security 8.0 and below: Go to Systems > Users.
- For Deep Security 9.0: Go to Administration > Users.
- Double-click the username or user that has been locked out and then deselect the Locked Out (Prevented from system sign in) check box.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Open the DOS command prompt window and then go to the ..\Program Files\trend Micro\Deep security Manager directory.
- Type in the following command:
dsm_c -action unlockout -username USERNAMEFor example: dsm_c -action unlockout -username Administrator