When attempting to sign in several times to Deep Security Manager with an incorrect password, the user will be locked out. The number of attempts to sign in is configured under System > System Settings > Security.
- Log in to the Deep Security Manager console using one of the working Admin users (example, MasterAdmin).
- Go to Administration > Users.
- Double-click the username or user that has been locked out and then deselect the Locked Out (Prevented from system sign in) check box.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Open the DOS command prompt window and then go to the ..\Program Files\trend Micro\Deep security Manager directory.
- Type in the following command: dsm_c -action unlockout -username USERNAMEFor example: dsm_c -action unlockout -username Administrator