Collect information needed by Trend Micro Technical Support using CDT.
To use the Case Diagnostic Tool:
- Download the CDT zip file.
Make sure to select the latest version available for your operating system.
- Extract all the content of the zip file into a local directory on your computer.
- Run the CDT.
- Start the application.
- Select the products installed.
- Debug Windows. If you are able to reproduce the issue:
If you are not able to reproduce the issue, or debug is not required, then you can click Skip and go to Step 7.
- Click Start Debug Mode.
- Wait for the debug mode to change to “ON”.
- At this point you are ready to reproduce the issue. Collect a screenshot of any message you might see on the screen.
- Once the issue has been reproduced, click Stop Debug Mode and it will be turned off.
- Collect the logs.
- Name a folder where the logs will be saved.
- Select "Today's logs".
- Write any comment you want to add, or a detailed description of the issue (if not already provided). If you have nothing to add, just write “nothing to add”.
You need to write something here. Otherwise, you will get this error message:
- Generate the logs.
- Click Open Folder to open the folder where the CDT report was saved.
- Click Finish to close the CDT.
- Provide CDT logs to Trend Micro Technical Support for further analysis.