This article provides the steps on how to upgrade IWSS 3.0 for Linux to version 3.1.
Please do the following:
- Upgrade the Operating System if required.
If you upgraded to Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition 5, run the chane_tail_semantics.sh script, which is provided in the installation package.
- Log on to the web console, and go to Administration > System Patch to apply the patch enhancement, iwss_30_patch_enhancement_en_patch.tgz, provided with the installation package.
- Use the web console (go to Administration > System Patch) to apply the upgrade patch, iwss_30_to_31_en_patch.tgz, provided with the installation package.
- Since the size of the upgrade patch files is around 90MB, the upload process may take a long time and/or experience time outs if the network is slow.
- The older versions, such as IWSS 2.2, must first be migrated to version 3.0 and then to version 3.1.