A machine where Deep Security Agent (DSA) is installed hangs and cannot perform a Remote Desktop connection to the server. However, if the Deep Security Agent is stopped or the assigned Security Profile is removed, the machine can successfully connect to the server using Remote Desktop.
To connect to the server via Remote Desktop with the Deep Security Agent enabled:
- Log in to the Deep Security Manager console.
- Select Security Profiles and double-click the security profile assigned to the server.
- Go to Policies tab > Common Objects > Rules > Firewall Rules.
- If required, edit the port list.
- Create a new firewall rule with the following settings:
Priority: Default (0 - Lowest)
Packet Direction: Incoming
Frame Type: Default (IP)
TCP PACKET SOURCE
IP: Default (Any)
MAC: Default (Any)
Port: Port List: Remote Desktop
- Click OK.
- Click Save to apply the changes made.
- Still in the Deep Security Manager console, go to the Computers section and update the server by right-clicking on it and selecting Actions > Send Policy.