Know how to mantain the quarantine folders of WFBS Advanced, and actions to take when a threat is found.
Whenever an agent detects an Internet threat in a file and the scan action for that type of threat is "quarantine", the agent does the following actions:
- Encrypts the infected file
- Moves the file to the client’s quarantine folder
- Sends the file to the Trend Micro Security Server quarantine folder
The default location of the Client/Server Security Agent quarantine folder is
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\SUSPECT.
The default location of Trend Micro Security Server quarantine folder is
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\Virus.
WFBS Advanced encrypts the infected file to prevent it from infecting other files.
To maintain the quarantine folders:
- Log on to the WFBS console.
- Go to Preferences / Devices > Global Settings.
- Click on the System tab.
- Under Quarantine Maintenance section, specify the values for the following fields:
- Quarantine folder capacity – This is the size of the quarantine folder in MB.
- Maximum size for a single file - This is the maximum size in MB of a single file stored in the quarantine folder.
The Delete All Quarantined Files button is for deleting all the files in the quarantine folder. If the folder is full and a new file is uploaded, the new file will not be stored.
- Click Save.