Learn how to restrict the usage of certain words or phrases in IM applications.
Administrators can perform content filtering in the following IM applications:
- America Online Instant Messenger (AIM) 6
Builds released after March 2008 are not supported.
- ICQ 6 Note: Builds released after March 2008 are not supported.
- MSN Messenger 7.5, 8.1
- Windows Messenger Live 8.1, 8.5
- Yahoo Messenger 8.1
To configure IM Content Filtering:
- Log in to the WFBS console.
- Go to Preferences > Global Settings.
- Click the Desktop/Server tab.
- Under IM Content Filtering section, enter the words or phrases that you want to restrict on the Restricted Words box, and click Add.
You can restrict a maximum of 31 words or phrases. Each word or phrase cannot exceed 35 characters (17 for Chinese characters). Type an entry or multiple entries separated by semicolons (;).
The Restricted Words/Phrases box will display the words or phrases that cannot be used in IM conversations.
If you want to delete an entry, click on the corresponding Trash Can icon.