If you uninstall the WFBS console and then reinstall it, the clients will not communicate with the console and will show as offline in the console. This happens because, during every new installation of the console, the client local server port number on the server is chosen in random and may not match the client local server port on the clients.
To retain the communication between the server and the clients when reinstalling the WFBS console:
- Open the ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file using a text editor such as Notepad, and note the values of the following entries:
- Go to Services and stop the Trend Micro Security Server Master Service.
- Go to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\ and copy the DBBackup folder to your Desktop.
- Go to the ...\PCCSRV folder and create a backup of the HTTPDB folder.
- Uninstall the Security Server via Add/Remove Programs.
If you cannot remove the Security Server, refer to the article: Manually uninstalling the Security Server of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS).
- Reinstall the Security Server.
During reinstallation, select the Custom Install method and take note of the ff. information:
- Server = Master_DomainName
- Server Port = Master_DomainPort
- Security Agent Port = Client_LocalServer_Port
Once the installation is complete, the clients will automatically communicate back to the server after a few minutes.
- If you would like force the clients to instantly register to the server, you can do any of the following:
- Unload/reload the agent
- Reboot the PC
- Go to Services and restart the Security Agent Listener Service
If the database is not corrupted, proceed to the next step.
If the database is corrupted, stop in this step and contact Technical Support.
- To instantly restore the settings and clients:
- Stop the Trend Micro Security Server Master Service.
- Go to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV and replace the current HTTPDB with the one you copied from the old security server in Step 4.
- Restart the Trend Micro Security Server Master Service.
The console should be once again populated and with all the groupings and settings restored, including the MSA.