When you uninstall the OfficeScan server and then reinstall it by selecting the typical installation, the clients will no longer communicate with the server and they will appear as offline in the console. This happens because in every new installation, the Client Local Server Port number will be chosen randomly during the server install and will not match with the Client Local Server Port number of existing clients.
This article contains a procedure to uninstall and reinstall the OfficeScan server while ensuring that existing clients will remain online.
To retain the communication between the server and clients when reinstalling the OfficSscan server:
- On the Officescan Server, open the ..\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file and take note of the following entries:
- If it exists, uninstall the OfficeScan client component on the server computer using Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel.
- Uninstall the OfficeScan server using Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel.
- Reinstall the OfficeScan and then select Custom Installation.
- Type in the values that you took note of in Step 1 when required.
- Since this is a new installation of the console, the database will appear empty. This will be automatically populated and will show the online clients after a few minutes.
- To force the clients to reappear, you can restart the OfficeScan NT Listener service. Another option is to restart the OfficeScan client computer.