You get the following error when opening the WFBS console:
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable
Smart Scan Unavailable
- Error 503
There are instances that the Application Pool unexpectedly stops and does not restart automatically. As a result, you will get the 503: Service Unavailable error.
To resolve the issue, do either of the following:
- Click Start > Run.
- Enter "cmd" and click OK.
- From the command prompt, enter the following command to start the application pool:
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd start apppool OsceAppPool
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Go to Application Pool.
- Start OsceAppPool.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Make sure that Start Automatically is set to True.
If the procedures fail, send the following to Trend Micro Technical Support:
- CDT log generated on the WFBS server
- Copy of the IIS log
- Copy of %windir%\system32\LogFiles\HTTPERR\httperrx.log
- If you are using IIS 7: ..\Inetpub\wwwroot\logfiles\W3SVCnumber\exyymmdd.log
- "number" = the site ID for the OfficeScan website
- "yymmdd" = the date the log file is created or modified.