The SA displays the Smart Scan Server as offline even when the Smart Scan Server is up and running.
There are different reasons why this issue occurs:
There is an issue with the connection between the CSA and the Security Server.
Check the connection for the SA to ensure that the client-server communication is working.
The proxy configuration is incorrect.
To resolve the issue:
- Log on to the management console.
- Go to Preferences > Global Settings.
- Make sure that the proxy settings are correct for your network configuration.
The SA is set to Out of Office when it is supposed to be In Office. The SA checks the client’s configured gateway to flag the computer as Out of Office or In Office.
Ensure that all the gateways used in your network are listed in the location settings by changing the client's configuration:
- On the computer incorrectly showing the Smart Scan Server as offline, open a command prompt window.
- Run this command:
- Note the value of "Default Gateway".
- Log on to the WFBS console.
- Go to Preferences > Global Settings > Desktop/server > Location Awareness.
- Check if the "Default gateway" value you got in Step 3 is present in the list of the gateways. If not, add it.