By default, scheduled scanning scans the entire Exchange Information Store. This reduces the possibility of infections from unexpected sources such as unprotected mail servers or improper configurations.
Trend Micro recommends running scheduled scans at regular intervals for the optimal protection of desktops, servers, or the Exchange Information Store.
To enable scheduled scan:
- Log on to the Security Server console.
- Go to Scans > Scheduled Scan > Settings tab.
- Choose the Exchange server(s) to scan. You may also click the plus sign (+) beside the Exchange server(s) for scanning options.
- Save the settings.
- Go to the Schedule tab and select your preferred schedule:
- Weekly - This requires that you select a specific day of the week.
- Monthly - This requires that you select a specific date within the month.
- Set the start time (hh:mm). The scan will run at this time everyday, every week or every month, depending on the schedule you selected in Step 5.
- Save the settings. To prevent the scheduled scan from stopping unexpectedly, do not set it to run at the same time as the scheduled updates. Also, running a manual scan while a scheduled scan is in progress will stop the scheduled scan.
- On the WFBS console, go to Scans > Scheduled Scan > Settings tab.
- Untick the Exchange Server checkbox.
- Click Save.