The DNS is properly set up and all the options are enabled under Detection > Client Identification. However, some IP addresses still do not have a hostname.
Please do the following:
- Restart the service by following these steps:
- Log on to the Management Console.
- Go to Administration > System Maintenance.
- Check the Service and then Restart.
- Try generating the logs again. You can check the actual hostname values from SrcHost and DstHost from the logs. If there are entries that still appear as IP, check if they are the latest occurrence.
TDA has a hostname resolution cache mechanism feature. The size of the cached host is 20000. If this cache hostname reaches the maximum entries, the oldest ones will be purged. The next query will be empty until the hostname is cached again.