Many businesses and schools connect you to the Internet through a "proxy server," a computer that accelerates or filters communications between you and the Internet. Your home computer probably does not use a proxy server.
Trend Micro SafeSync can automatically detect the proxy server addresses of a home network or Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you use a proxy server to access the Internet, and Internet Explorer does not store the correct proxy server settings, then you must enter the following information on the proxy settings of SafeSync:
- Proxy server's name
- IP address
- Port number
You may contact the network administrator of your school or office to get the correct proxy server information.
To configure the proxy settings:
- Sign into Trend Micro SafeSync.
- Right-click the Trend Micro SafeSync system tray icon and select Settings.
- In the next window that opens, click the Connection tab, and then go to Proxy tab.
- Under Proxy tab, select one of the following options:
- Automatically detect proxy
- No Proxy Server
- Enter the necessary proxy server setting
Note: If you selected Enter the necessary proxy server settings, type the IP address (For example: 10.1.123.1) or name of the proxy server (For example: proxy.yourcompany.com) into the appropriate fields. You may contact your ISP to check if you are using a proxy setting.
- Click OK.