OfficeScan introduces a feature to support the VDI environment. This article provides the steps in configuring the OfficeScan VDI clients/agents.
To set VDI clients/agents in OfficeScan:
- When you have the golden image up, log in to the OfficeScan console.
- Unload the Agent.
- On the OfficeScan server, copy the Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\TCacheGen\TCacheGen.exe file to the following folder in the VM template:
TCacheGen.exe will not run through network share; it needs to be copied locally on the VM template. Make sure to copy the appropriate tool, depending on the VM template architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Start the Agent again from the Start Menu.
- Run TCacheGen.exe.
- Click Generate the Pre-Scan Template and remove the GUID. The tool will be deleted after generating the template. Once the Pre-Scan Template is created the GUID will also be removed automatically.
- Shut down the VM template.
- Deploy this VM template to be the VDI clients.
- Log in to the OfficeScan server management console.
- Go to Plug-in Manager > Trend Micro Virtual Desktop Support > Manage Program.
- Enter your VDI Activation Code.
- Select one of the Virtual Desktop Management methods, depending on your environment.
- Enter your VDI server information.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click OK > Save.