OfficeScan introduces a feature to support the VDI environment. This article provides the steps in configuring the OfficeScan VDI clients/agents.
To set VDI clients/agents in OfficeScan:
- When you have the golden image up, log in to the OfficeScan console.
- Unload the Agent.
- On the OfficeScan server, copy the Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\TCacheGen\TCacheGen.exe file to the following folder in the VM template:
- TCacheGen.exe will not run through network share; it needs to be copied locally on the VM template. Make sure to copy the appropriate tool, depending on the VM template architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
To run the tool directly:
- Double-click TCacheGen.exe or TCacheGen_x64.exe.
- Select Generate Pre-Scan Template and click Next.
To run the tool from the command line interface:
- Open a command prompt and change the directory to <Agent installation folder>.
- Put a copy of TCacheGen.exe or TCacheGen_x64.exe under <Agent installation folder>
Type either of the following commands:
- TCacheGenCli Generate_Template
- TcacheGenCli_x64 Generate_Template
- Apex One as a Service users can obtain the TCacheGen.exe file by referring to the "VDI Pre-Scan Template Generation Tool" section of Using agent tools for Apex One as a Service.
- Start the Agent again from the Start Menu.
- Run TCacheGen.exe.
Click Generate the Pre-Scan Template and remove the GUID. The tool will be deleted after generating the template. Once the Pre-Scan Template is created the GUID will also be removed automatically.“TCacheGen.exe” or “TCacheGen_x64.exe” would be automatically deleted after generating the template to avoid unexpectedly triggering this tool again. Running the tool again would recreate the agent GUID and will cause the agent to register as a new entry. This would break the GUID association to current settings and logs.
- Shut down the VM template.
- Deploy this VM template to be the VDI clients.
- Log in to the OfficeScan server management console.
- Go to Plug-in Manager > Trend Micro Virtual Desktop Support > Manage Program.
- Enter your VDI Activation Code.
- Select one of the Virtual Desktop Management methods, depending on your environment.
- Enter your VDI server information.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click OK > Save.
For items to be added to the exclusion list, refer to Recommended scan exclusion list for Trend Micro Endpoint products.