Use this guide to help you isolate MSA installation issues and collect the necessary logs to submit to Trend Micro Technical Support.
Perform the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you meet the system requirements:
- Check the accounts you are using to access the computer.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Open the Users folder.
- If you are using Exchange 2000 / 2003, you should belong to the local and domain administrator group.
- If you are using Exchange 2007, you should belong to the Exchange Organization administrator group.
- Make sure that the Windows Installer Service is running.
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type "services.msc" and press Enter.
- Look for the Windows Installer service.
If the Windows Installer service is not running or not started, right-click the service and select Start.
- Check if Active Directory is responding to queries using the Microsoft Active Directory Testing Tool.
- Manually uninstall the MSA to remove any corrupted or previous version that may prevent you from installing the MSA.
If the troubleshooting steps provided did not help solve the issue, collect the following logs and sent it to Trend Micro Technical Support:
- [MSA install path]\debug\Msiexec.log
- Application Event logs via Windows Event Viewer, exported in *.EVT or *EVTX format
- MSInfo32 output running the command:
- The following logs located in %windir%\temp\
- Information about previously installed Trend Micro products on the server (e.g. ScanMail)