This article discusses how you can use the Trend Micro Performance Tuning Tool (TMPerfTool) to address performance issues related to Behavior Monitoring and Device Control.
- In Trend Micro Internet Security, the Behavior Monitoring feature is found under "Prevent unauthorized changes".
- This article does not apply to WFBS 7.0. If you are using WFBS 7.0, refer to the solution: Identifying and resolving performance-related issues caused by the Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platform (AMSP).
Performance dropping is more complex than the software blocking issue. You can use TMPerfTool.exe to find the high-loading running process and add it to the Behavior Monitoring Exception List or contact Trend Micro Technical Support for further assistance.
To use the TMPerfTool:
- Download and unzip the TMPerfTool file located in the links below:
- Place the TMPerfTool.exe file in the same folder as the TMBMCLI.dll file. Usually, TMBMCLI.dll is in the main folder of products.
- Trend Micro Internet Security's default installation folder is %ProgramDir%\Trend Micro\Internet Security.
- Worry-Free Business Security's default installation folder is %ProgramDir%\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent.
- OfficeScan's default installation folder is %ProgramDir%\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client.
- Right-click TMPerfTool.exe and select Run as administrator.
Click Analyze. The Trend Micro Performance Tuning Tool will start to monitor the CPU usage and event loading.
If a red highlighted row appears, it means that the Trend Micro Performance Tuning Tool found a system-intensive process. In the example below, the process is mspdbsrv.exe.
- Select the highlighted row and then click the plus (+) button to add this process the exception list.
- Verify the CPU usage. Do one of the following:
- If the performance did not improve, click the Undo button to undo all the changes. Select another highlighted process.
- If the performance improved, select the process and then click the minus (-) button. If the CPU usage increases again, then you have found the system-intensive application.
To resolve the issue:
- Add it to the product’s Behavior Monitoring Exception List. Please refer to the respective product’s Administrator's Guide for more details.
- Contact Trend Micro Technical Support and provide the information below:
- Take note of the name of the application.
- Click Stop.
- Click the Export button and then save the XML file in a specified folder.
- Pack the XML file report, high I/O process name, and screenshot.